Decreasing chronic inflammation is the key to good health. My anti inflammatory turmeric lemonade recipe calls for both ginger and turmeric, two of the heaviest hitting herbs that fight against inflammation. So sit back and enjoy my anti-inflammatory lemonade while they go to work for you.
In my free and private online community I help women everyday learn how to decrease inflammation and balance their hormones. Come and join us!
Spice Up Your Life With Some Turmeric Lemonade
Turmeric isn’t just for curry! In fact, there is growing evidence to be including this rich, golden root into your daily menu. The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin. Curcumin has been proven to reduce inflammation in the body.
It’s so important to lower our chronic inflammation. Read my previous blog post where I show you how to incorporate other foods that can help!
There is an abundance of published scientific articles that sing the praises of curcumin. From decreasing gut inflammation to arthritis, this powerhouse herb deserves a role in your kitchen. If you have never experimented with turmeric before, this anti inflammatory turmeric lemonade recipe is an easy way to give it a try.
Why You Should Heat Things Up With Ginger
Every superhero needs a sidekick. Meet ginger. This root is a mainstay in Asian cooking and has deep roots in healing. Ayurvedic medicine considers ginger a tonic and a stimulant that helps the body to detox.
You know how important digestion is because I talk about it all the time. Ginger helps to increase digestion and soothe gut issues such as gas and bloating. This means a happier tummy and well digested food. Which means that you can extract more nutrients from your food. Therefore, better health. It’s all connected!
Also, ginger improves and reinforces the healing properties of other herbs. This makes the combo of ginger and turmeric so powerful. What more could you possibly want in a little ol’ turmeric lemonade?
Delicious Anti-Inflammatory TonicPrint
- 1 tsp dried turmeric (organic)
- 1 tsp dried ginger (organic)
- 1 1/2 fresh lemon (juiced)
- dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups water (filtered)
- 5 drops stevia (or 1/2 tsp raw honey)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 1 minute.
- Serve with ice cubes and enjoy!
- QUICK NOTE: You can also use fresh turmeric root and fresh ginger root. Simpy place 1” ginger root chopped and 1” turmeric root chopped in 2 cups of water and bring to a boil for 15 minutes. Let cool the mixture for 30 minutes then strain the roots and mix in remaining ingredients in blender for 1 minute. Serve.