Chocolate for breakfast! Hell yes! I don’t know about you, but some days I want chocolate so bad. But knowing that my cravings don’t control me, I can make a choice to enjoy this creamy chocolate bowl for a breakfast or snack that moves me towards health. This creamy chocolate breakfast bowl recipe is loaded with good fat and protein, and yeah, a little bit of chocolate.
Cravings don’t need to control you. You can control them. Join me here to learn about the Crave Cure. It will change how you relate to food. Promise.
Why Eat A Chocolate Bowl For Breakfast?
Besides the obvious reasons that you are an adult, and you buy the groceries, and no one can tell you what to do…it tastes so good. And even a bit naughty to your health loving side. But this creamy chocolate breakfast bowl recipe is loaded with good stuff, so you can feel good about this choice.
This bowl checks all the boxes. Protein. Healthy fat. Minerals. And a mix of chocolate and coconut. Although the chocolate is the lead in this recipe, coconut gets the Oscar for Best Supporting Ingredient.
The Benefits of Lauric Acid in Coconut
Coconut water is excellent for hydration, the flesh is high in fibre, and coconut oil has antibacterial properties. But coconut contains lauric acid. Lauric acid is a medium-chain triglyceride that can be directly absorbed by your body and used immediately for energy. It is converted within the body to monolaurin. Monolaurin directly impacts immunity in breast feeding infants. Science now shows a correlation between lauric acid and increased immunity in adults.
So today, make yourself a bowl of creamy chocolate immunity!
Creamy Chocolate Breakfast Bowl Recipe
- 1 cup of yogurt (coconut or organic non homogenized yogurt or raw milk yogurt)
- 1 tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 scoop protein powder (Paleo Pure Protein or whey base protein powder)
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp dehydrated almond pulp or can be replace by 2 tbsp. shredded coconut
- In a small bowl add the yogurt, raw cacao powder, protein powder, sea salt and with a whisk mix well. Ensure all lumps from the powder used are removed.
- Transfer into bowl and add the almond pulp and or shredded coconut.