An apple a day keeps the doctor away or was it curry chicken soup with Shiitake Mushrooms a day keeps the doctor away?
We have all grown up with the classic chicken noodle soup for those days when we feel the common cold coming on. First of all, was Chicken soup really benefiting us health wise? If not, how do we build on the classic comfort chicken soup idea and really boost the health benefits? This curry chicken soup recipe has powerhouse immune-boosting ingredients like Shiitake Mushrooms and Curry spices.
Selenium and Immune Function
Long known for their health-promoting properties in Asia, the Chinese have used Shiitake Mushrooms medicinally for more than 6000 years. In addition, adding this wonderful smoky flavored mushroom brings vital trace minerals that support your immune system to this warming soup recipe.
One of these trace minerals I want to focus on is Selenium. Studied for years, this trace mineral needed for the proper immune function is important and vital to health, longevity and is a mineral you want to include in your diet.
Adding in ingredients like Shiitake Mushrooms to your favorite classic chicken soup takes part in antioxidant activity defending against inflammation and plays a key role in maintaining metabolism. So why stop there? Lets continue to layer health benefits with an amazing infusion of healing spices.
Anti-inflammatory Curry Chicken Soup Recipe
Furthermore, this powerhouse blend of spices is not just for great aromas while making this soup. The combination of turmeric, coriander, cardamom, cumin, sweet basil, and red pepper all deliver incredible health-promoting benefits individually.
Most noteworthy, Turmeric alone brings so many anti-inflammatory health benefits and has effects that have been compared to effects of ibuprofen. Not surprising Turmeric is a big topic of discussion in my Body Mind & Food Community as well.
As a result, there are so many more health benefits of this amazing curry chicken soup recipe and the best way to know is try it yourself. This recipe today could keep your doctor away.Print
Curry Chicken Soup
Delicious curry chicken soup with Shiitake Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. butter or ghee
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 celery stalks with leave , chopped
- 6 cup Bone broth
- 3 garlic glove, finely chopped
- 6 shitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup of roasted chicken, chopped
- 6 kombu square, soaked & washed, chopped
- 2 baby bock choy, chopped
- 2 medium size turnips , cooked or roasted and chopped (optional)
- 1.5 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- In a medium size pot melt butter and sautéed the onion, garlic and celery until onion are transparent.
- Add broth, mushroom, red pepper, chicken, kombu, salt and pepper and curry powder and mix well to ensure the curry powder doesn’t lump. Bring to a boil and boil for 7 minutes.
- Add bock choy and turnip and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and bring back to a boil and remove immediately from the heat.
- Add the coriander and serve.