This quick and easy pesto recipe is one of my favorite recipes. This basil pesto is a nutrient-dense food that adds a burst of flavor to a variety of different foods. Like the women in my free and private community, no worries as I’ve got your back!
The Many Uses for This Quick and Easy Pesto Recipe
There are numerous other pairings that taste as good …
- pair with chicken wings
- use as a topping on your baked wild salmon
- sauce for your grilled steak
- dipping sauce for your raw veggies
- dilute in a little olive to make a dressing for your salad
- sauce for your Pizza instead of tomato sauce
I use macadamia nuts instead of the traditional pine nuts in this basil pesto. Macadamia nuts add a delectable creamy flavor to traditional pesto. They are also a great option when nuts are called for because they have a very low Omega-6 content compared to their other nut friends. They are also a good source of magnesium, manganese, thiamine, copper and iron.
This basil pesto is an all-around winner!
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup of EVOO (olive oil)
- 5 big cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until it reaches a smooth consistency. Blending time will differ based on the appliance used.
- You can keep in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.