Ok ok it’s here!
A cauliflower recipe, featuring the world’s yummiest pizza!
Pizza that will make you say “Yum” and “Wow! I can eat this all the time!”
I have been working on this post for 2 weeks now. First, I created the zucchini cheese and then moved on to the pizza crust. The later is what was the most difficult for me. I tested this pizza cauliflower crust recipe multiple times to find the “crispiest” version. I even went as far as doing a live video, through a new social app called Periscope (you can find on Periscope @StephanieDodier) only to have the recipe fail live on air … however today I finally made magic happen! Yup, I nailed it!
The Only Pizza You Will Ever Need
If you’re eating foods that make you feel like there’s a brick in your stomach or you want to take a nap afterward, check out what you’re putting in that beautiful body of yours (and let’s start with that pizza that we all love so much)… Following your body cues post, eating is one of the ways in which you can show your body respect!
My first two cookbooks Easy Holiday Cooking were 100% inspired by my clients’ challenges to keep respectful eating habits while dealing with health conditions. My goal, when creating recipes, is to enable all people to eat their favorite food while nourishing their bodies.
Never Suppress Your Pizza Cravings
When I ask my tribe which food they crave the most – pizza is at the top of the list. Food cravings are a reality that we must all deal with in real life and when we suppress food cravings, they only come back to haunt us later. While teaching how to master food cravings in my wellness workshops, the priority has always been on creating awareness and stopping the “discipline of suppression”. So let’s tackle this pizza recipe with a cauliflower pizza crust and zucchini cheese right here, right now…
This zucchini cheese recipe is such a simple recipe, yet life-changing. You get the cheesy taste and the cheesy texture without the negative effects of dairy. It even gets better! It’s a nutrient-dense food as well which simply means that every bite is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and other nourishing elements.
Collagen is a special nutrient which can help you reduce joint pain, give you healthy and glowing skin, increase muscle growth, etc. This is the same collagen women purchase at beauty counters to reduce their wrinkles but this one is edible and in a simple and natural form.
Cauliflower Recipe: Cauliflower Pizza Crust
This is going to be your favoritecauliflower recipe! First, please do not panic when you see the length of the directions in this recipe. You can do this 100%! To make the dough, you simply pulse the cauliflower in a food processor or cheese grater to get “cauliflower rice”. Then microwave “cauliflower rice,” wring the moisture out of it, and then mix in the herbs, almond flour, and an egg. Spread it out, and boom, you have cauliflower pizza crust.
Cooking the dough
As far as cooking time goes, once you make your dough, you’ll only need 20 minutes maximum (always base cooking time on your own oven). The cauliflower pizza crust gets pre-baked for 15 minutes (or so), which turns it a nice golden-brown and crisps the edges.
Putting it all together
Next, you simply spread your pizza crust with your favorite sauce, zucchini cheese and toppings of choice, and pop it back in the oven for another 5 minutes. Real simple and easy.
Pizza Toppings options:
- Sauce: An organic pasta sauce is what I used for this recipe and which I bought at Costco. Make sure you check the ingredient list and absolutely avoid canola or vegetable oils which are very inflammatory to the body. A good quality nut pesto could also be used and again watch for the oil(s) on the ingredients list looking for olive oil. You could make your homemade pesto or marinara sauce.
- Protein: Old fashion cured prosciutto, which means salt was used in the curing process, is by far the easiest option. Can also use pre-cooked chicken, ground beef, sausages, and even eggs. Shrimp is also good with the pesto option.
- Veggies: anything goes here: arugula, spinach, artichokes, mushrooms, onions, artichokes, asparagus, etc…
- Flavor: fresh herbs are the best such as basil, cilantro, chives, etc. You could also add some sweetness with fruits such as pineapple or add a touch of sundried tomatoes or olives.
World’s Healthiest Pizza
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 medium sized head of cauliflower – 3-4 cups of cauliflower rice
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp.basil dried or 2 tsp. fresh finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano or 2 tsp. fresh finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme or 2 tsp. fresh finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder or 1 glove fresh finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. almond flour
- 1 tablespoon (or more if desired) nutritional yeast (you could also omit this entirely if you like)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pasture raised egg
- Preheat oven at 400 F.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and grease with healthy fat such as coconut oil or butter (this will ensure the crust is crispy through the cooking process).
- Shred the cauliflower using a grater or pulse it in a food processor. The consistency and size should be like rice.You need 3-4 full cups of cauliflower “rice”.
- Transfer the cauliflower rice to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave, covered with a cloth, for 4 minutes. Let your cauliflower cool completely.
- Using cheese cloth or clean kitchen towel, squeeze all excess moisture left in the cauliflower rice. This step is crucial to ensure you have a dry pizza crust!
- In a medium size bowl mix your cauliflower with the egg, olive oil, almond flour and spices and salt. Mix well.
- Place 1 heaping ball of your mixture on your parchment paper- depending on if you want 1 double size pizza or 2 individual pizzas.
- Press out by hand and mold your pizza around 1/4“ thick to the form of your liking while keeping the thickness to 1/4” max.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes. The crust should be firm, and golden brown when finished. I find the discrepancy on baking time really depends on your oven and how wet your cauliflower is when you mix it.
- Remove from oven. Add your sauce and toppings.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes at broil or longer based on topping(s) used.
- Enjoy immediately or keep in fridge for 2-3 days.
- Serving Size: 2