Any time is a good time for cookies, right?
Here’s a chewy molasses cookie recipe that you could use any time you have a yearning for warm, home-baked cookies.
Especially soft and chewy cookies. Best combination ever. And the best combination of molasses cookies is the ginger spice. My Chewy Molasses cookies have it all.
They are INCREDIBLY soft. Don’t the pictures show how pillowy they look? And the chew. You wouldn’t think these guys had that chewy bakery type cookie to them, but they do!
I was really surprised. I also loved the perfect balance of molasses and spice these cookies had. I couldn’t get enough of them. Even after five days, my Chewy Molasses cookies were soft as pillows!
Chewy Molasse Cookie
Chewy Molasses Cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 6 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tsp.ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. grounded ginger
- 1/2 tsp. clove
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 large egg, gently beaten
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter or ghee, melted
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup unsulphured organic molasses
- 3 tbsp. granulated sugar (maple sugar or coconut sugar)
- – See more at: https://www.stephaniedodier.com/chewy-molasse-cookies/#sthash.VWuUVpbG.dpuf
- Preheat oven to 375 F and adjust rack to middle position.
- Mix flours, cinnamon,ginger, clove baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in egg, melted butter, honey and molasses until combined. Let dough sit for 5 minutes.
- Using a 1 1/2-inch cookie scoop, scoop a dough ball and drop it into a small bowl with your rolling sugar. Roll the cookie around (the dough will be a bit tacky and soft), then gently roll in your hands to form a ball.
- Set the dough ball on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Continue with remaining dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet.