Any time is a good time for cookies, right? Here’s a healthy chewy molasses cookie recipe that you could use any time you have a yearning for warm, home-baked cookies.
Especially soft and chewy cookies. Best combination ever. And the best combination of molasses cookies is the ginger spice. My Chewy Molasses cookies have it all. They are INCREDIBLY soft. Don’t the pictures show how pillowy they look? And the chew. You wouldn’t think these guys had that chewy bakery type cookie to them, but they do!
I was really surprised. I also loved the perfect balance of molasses and spice these cookies had. I couldn’t get enough of them. Even after five days, my Chewy Molasses cookies were soft as pillows! Ask my community, I served them at our monthly meeting 5 days later and everyone was raving how chewy they were.
You can find this healthy chewy molasses cookie recipe in the “Healthy Holiday Cooking” cookbook. This book is loaded with all the recipes you will need to get thru another holiday season but this time in a healthy way. Imagine your traditional turkey dinner without feeling bloated, tired and wanting to just crash on the couch! I replicated all the traditional recipes with the same amazing taste.
The Chewy Molasses cookies are all that you can remember from your childhood while being so healthy that your adult self will be proud of your choice. These cookies are gluten free, dairy free, grain free and refined sugar free… and DELICIOUS! All in one cookie!
This healthy chewy molasses cookie recipe is a sample from my newest book “Healthy Holiday Cooking”.This is just a sample from what this book will offer you: cookies, pies, trotted turkey, bread free stuffing, gravy, fondue dinner, dairy free egg nog, etc… All the recipes you will need to keep your healthy while cooking splendid and delicious meals.
Come over to my community to share your wins and success baking for the holiday and I will be there to cheer you on! You can also follow me on Periscope where I use the live streaming to teach and show all good tips and trick to stay healthy during the holiday period.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 6 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tsp.ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. grounded ginger
- 1/2 tsp. clove
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 large egg, gently beaten
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter or ghee, melted
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup unsulphured organic molasses
- 3 tbsp. granulated sugar (maple sugar or coconut sugar)
- - See more at: https://www.stephaniedodier.com/chewy-molasse-cookies/#sthash.VWuUVpbG.dpuf
- Preheat oven to 375 F and adjust rack to middle position.
- Mix flours, cinnamon,ginger, clove baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in egg, melted butter, honey and molasses until combined. Let dough sit for 5 minutes.
- Using a 1 1/2-inch cookie scoop, scoop a dough ball and drop it into a small bowl with your rolling sugar. Roll the cookie around (the dough will be a bit tacky and soft), then gently roll in your hands to form a ball.
- Set the dough ball on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Continue with remaining dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet.