When I surveyed the ladies that are in my free and private community as to what is their favorite form of chocolate dessert is, chocolate cookies came first. So what about a healthy chocolate cookie recipe?
I had the privilege of receiving a copy of Aglaée Jacob’s most recent book “Je me mets au Paléo”, her first print book in French. Aglaée is an accomplished author in English of Digestive Health with REAL Food and Digestive Health with REAL Food:Cookbook: 75 anti-inflammatory, nutrient-dense recipes for optimal health .
The book “Je me mets au Paléo”
Je me mets au paléo is the first book of its kind for the French language community. Can you believe this? In the English speaking world, we have hundreds if not thousands of books explaining the many health benefits and the healing power of this lifestyle, yet nothing in French ?!?! Welcome to the reality of the minority French community in a world of English speaking people…
If you have any family members or friends who are struggling with health issues, weight or simply needed to learn about nutrition, this is the book for them! I love Aglaée’s book so much that I ordered all my family members a copy!
Easiest Healthy Chocolate Cookie Recipe
I have the privilege of sharing with you this delicious and healthy chocolate cookie recipe. It’s one of the my favorite recipes from the book in the section called “Douceurs Paléo” translated as “Paleo sweet treats”.
Paleo Chocolate Cookies
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 12 1x
- 2/3 cup butter or melted coconut oil
- 3 pastured eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or raw honey or 1 tsp. stevia
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup raw unsweetened cacao powder
- 3 oz 100% unsweetened dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup raw nuts chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- In a medium size bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well and let sit for 5 minutes while the coconut flour expands.
- Using a spoon, divide the batter into 12 cookies and drop onto a baking sheet. Place in the oven.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serving Size: 12
Question: What is your favorite sweet treat recipe? Share your recipe and let me know what you think of the recipe?