I created this healthy crumble recipe when I was over at my parent’s place in Quebec.
We were planning the traditional family dinner and we got to the “dessert” menu…and the very traditional “Tarte au sucre” or in English “Sugar Pie” dessert made an appearance on the menu.
I know the ladies in my free and private community would get it.
Now, don’t get me wrong. My mom’s sugar pie is finger licking good and it’s at the top of my list of emotional foods. I’m pretty sure that the vast majority of Quebecer’s feel the same way I do about sugar pie
What a great opportunity to show my family that we can have a delicious dessert that is different from sugar pie. A creation of mine!
Try This Delicious Crumble Recipe
It’s berry season so watch the local crops in your farmer market in my case I was able to pick some local raspberry at the small local grocery store.
You can easily complete this recipe in less than 10 minutes prep time and 20 minutes cooking time. It’s better to serve warm with a delicious side of ice cream.
Berry Crumble recipePrint
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 40
- Yield: 8 1x
- 4 cups of assorted berries (I used raspberries, strawberries and blueberries)
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup of Monk Fruit sweetener or 10 drops of stevia (optional)
- 1 tbsp. of arrowroot flour
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 cups of assorted nuts chopped finely (I used walnuts and pecan)
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil ( you can also used ghee)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the berries in a large mixing bowl with the lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and arrowroot powder and mix well.
- Mix the chopped nuts, almond flours, sweetener of choice (optional), cinnamon and salt together in a medium mixing bowl.
- To the nut mixture, cut in the coconut oil with your hands or a pastry cutter until the mixture begins to form crumbs.
- Grease an oven proof casserole and spoon in the fruit filling.
- Crumble the topping evenly over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, checking occasionally. When the topping is browned and the fruit is bubbling, remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving
- Serving Size: 8