Deviled Egg Recipe: Traditional Food
Deviled eggs are another traditional food for me. My aunts make this appetizer every year at Christmas. It is pure comfort food but also provides pure nourishment, when done properly.
Eggs are the most complete food from a nutritional perspective.
Easy Mayo Recipe
Mayonnaise is one of the main ingredients in this healthy deviled egg recipe. However, 99% of mayonnaise found in stores is made using inflammatory oils such as canola oil, sunflower oil, safflower oil or even worse, soybean oil.
I have included a tutorial below on how to make your own mayonnaise easily so that your deviled eggs are not only super delicious but also super healthy!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 8
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 2 1x
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 tbsp. Easy mayo
- 1 tbsp. dried minced onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. dill
- 1⁄2 tsp. coconut vinegar
- Sea salt and black pepper (to taste) Smoked paprika to garnish
- Slice the hardboiled eggs in half. Scoop out the yolk into a bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and mix together. Season to taste, using coarse sea salt and black pepper. Scoop the mixture back into the halves.
- Garnish with a little smoked paprika.
- Serving Size: 2