This keto Ice Cream recipe was invented when I was having my family over for brunch. I wanted to create a dessert that would please everyone while being full of nutrients. This keto chocolate ice cream is not only low carb but also loaded with healthy fat.
One the principals of living the connected Mind-Body life is to also nurture our social circle. In my private and free community, I teach women not too deprive themselves from gatherings and social events for the sake of staying on “point” with their nutritional lifestyle. Learning to modify your favourite recipes to make them “healthier” while appreciating everyone in your social circle is key to sustainability. A “diet” is temporary while “lifestyle” is permanent. This is exactly what I teach in my online seminar – Mind-Body Weight Loss.
Making ice cream at home is much easier than one would think.. it is so easy the once you get over your fear, you’ll have to stop yourself. Homemade ice cream will become your go-to dessert especially in the summer.
6 tips to creamy home made ice cream
- You need to get yourself a good but not expensive ice cream maker. The 1.5 Q Hamilton beach ice cream maker is what I have and I’m very happy with this machine.
- The ice cream maker bowl must be frozen at least 24 hrs prior to making ice cream. Store your ice cream maker book in the freezer so you are always ready!
- The “batter” needs to be very cold prior to placing it in the ice cream maker (at least 6 hrs in the fridge to maximize your creaminess).
- Use super fine granulated sweeteners. I recommended using erythritol and processing it in the blender prior to use. This will give you a “powder-like” sweetener.
- Use gelatine such as this one from my partner at Vital Protein to prevent the ice cream from becoming rock hard in the freezer and keep that lovely texture you love.
- MCT oil will bring the consistent creaminess you desire while packing in the nutrition into your dessert. MCT oil will feed your brain the ketones it needs to feel happy!
You can find more recipes like this one in my recipe digital books such as Healthy Snack and Lunches.
Keto ice cream recipe
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk (16 oz.)
- 2 tbsp. Vital Protein gelatine
- 3/4 cup powdered Erythritol and 10 drops of stevia glycerate
- 1/2 cup raw unsweetened cacao powder
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup MCT oil (help reduce iciness)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla powder
- Sprinkle the Vital Protein Gelatin over the 1/2 cup of coconut milk and stir to combine. Set it aside for 3-5 minutes to bloom.
- In a medium pot, combine the remaining of coconut milk, powdered erythritol, stevia , egg yolks, cacao powder, and sea salt. Stir well using a whisk.
- Bring to a simmer while whisking.
- Remove from heat and immediately add the Vital Protein and coconut milk mixture. Add the MCT oil to the mixture and whisk well.
- Cover the mixture and let it chill for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Place mixture in an ice cream maker, and run until the desired consistency is reached (usually 15-20 minutes) or follow manufacturer's instructions.
- When the ice cream is almost finished, add the chocolate chips or chocolate chunks to ice cream maker, and continue to process until the desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately or keep in air-thight container in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.