I worked on the creation of this recipe for a low carb brunch that I was hosting for my close family. For most people brunch means waffle, pancakes and fancy pastries. My family is no different… they have been raised with the belief that breakfast food must be carbohydrate loaded. As I teach to my tribe members in my free and private community these type of situation must not prevents us from socializing. We could always use some low carb brunch ideas and recipes.
I encourage women’s to reach for total health not just weight loss. In my Mind Body weight loss seminar I speak to weight gain is just a body message (read here symptom). A symptom of imbalance not a lack discipline of self motivation. To lose the weight one must regain balance.
The World Health Organization define health as a state of complete physical, mental, and social well being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. Health is a sum of the whole. We must achieve a state of balance in our physical body, mental body and social life. We must be able to not only digest food, but our emotions and the relationship in our life. One of the three elements of our health out of balance and our body will attempt to communicate this imbalance to us via body messages also commonly know as symptoms. Weight gain is just a body message.
In my online seminar Just Listen your body is speaking to you I teach you how to listen to your body messages to maintain balance an achieve your health goal. One of the three element being our social life we must develop the tools that allows us to change our nutrition choices while still being able to socialize with our close family and friend. Segregating ourselves because we can’t cope with being exposed to “not on plan” food is not a long term solution. So it’s always useful to have some low carb brunch ideas and recipes under your belt.
Hosting a Low Carb Brunch
One of these solution is to host the events at your place so you can have an input on the menu choice. Have your friend and family over and create a low carb menu such as my low carb brunch menu below that will not only pleased your them but also respect your food choices. Learning to adapt recipe to “healthify” them is part of the process to ensure that your new lifestyle will be play a ;permanent role in your life not just another fad.
Back to my family coming over. I created a menu for the perfect low carb brunch that pleased everyone including myself. Nothing but rave reviews and for most they discovered that healthy eating can actually taste yummy. Here are some of my low carb brunch ideas and recipes:
- Freshly pressed organic swiss water decaf from Bulletproof and heavy cream
- Crusted salmon
- Holla Frittata
- Grilled vegetables
- Sauerkraut & Kimchi
- Chocolate Ice Cream with strawberry coulis.
Crusted Salmon: One of My Best Low Carb Brunch Ideas and recipes
- 2/3 Guiltless Flour Superfood Seed Flour or almond flour
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 wild salmon fillets, skin on
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven at 425F
- In a small bowl, mix together the Guiltless flour or homemade seed flour, parsley, lemon zest, 1/2 sea salt and pepper.
- Add the butter & olive oil and mix well. Set aside.
- Place the salmon fillets, skin side down, on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Generously brush the top of the fillets with mustard and then sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Press the flour mixture thickly on top of the mustard on each salmon fillet. The mustard will help the crusting adhere.
- Cook the salmon in oven for 8-10 minutes.