I worked on the creation of this recipe for a brunch that I was hosting for my close family.
Hosting a Brunch
I created a menu for the perfect brunch that pleased everyone including myself. Nothing but rave reviews and for most they discovered that healthy eating can actually taste yummy. Here are some of my low carb brunch ideas and recipes:
- Freshly pressed organic swiss water decaf coffee
- Crusted salmon
- Holla Frittata
- Grilled vegetables
- Sauerkraut & Kimchi
- Chocolate Ice Cream with strawberry coulis.
Crusted Salmon: One of Brunch Ideas and recipes
- 2/3 Guiltless Flour Superfood Seed Flour or almond flour
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 wild salmon fillets, skin on
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven at 425F
- In a small bowl, mix together the Guiltless flour or homemade seed flour, parsley, lemon zest, 1/2 sea salt and pepper.
- Add the butter & olive oil and mix well. Set aside.
- Place the salmon fillets, skin side down, on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Generously brush the top of the fillets with mustard and then sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Press the flour mixture thickly on top of the mustard on each salmon fillet. The mustard will help the crusting adhere.
- Cook the salmon in oven for 8-10 minutes.