Pizza… Me, the nutritionist, eating Italian pizza?! Yes, I have created the best pizza crust recipe!
Yes, I eat pizza… there I said it. You don’t have to stop eating pizza for the rest of your life because you chose to eat healthily. This is not only for me but also for all my ladies in my mind body connection free and private community
So what to do?
Well, the solution is to create a real food pizza crust recipe that will allow you and me to have the most delicious pizza!
What to Do Once Your Pizza Crust is Ready
This is where your imagination can run free… this is what I did. Simple but OMG so good!
I add 2 tbsp. of organic tomato sauce or pesto as a base and then layer veggies (mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and green onion) and some traditional prosciutto (cured in salt only and no additives).
Place the pizza in the oven for 7 minutes and done!
For more on toppings ideas
For topping idea and suggestion and other variation of crust consult this post: I go through healthy toppings ideas and load of other pizza stuff too!
- 1 1/2 cup Almond flour
- 1/4 cup Arrowroot flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. Coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly until dough forms.
- Roll the dough into a ball, then place in between 2 sheets of parchment paper.
- Flatten the dough to a consistent thickness of 1/4 inch either forming a circle or a rectangle (or to your liking).
- Bake the dough for 20 minutes or until the edge becomes brown and crispy. I use the convection oven for this one and the dough comes out very crispy. I love it.