Healthy Breakfast Skillet 101
- Healthy fats
- spices and herbs
- Learn to build your own skillet with variety of ingredients. Easy 6 step process to everyone can make happen.
Start with a healthy cooking fat
- coconut oil
- grass fed butter
- other animal fat such as lard , bacon fat,
Chose a protein (cooked or left over)
- shredded cooked chicken, ground beef, lamb, chicken (any ground meat)
- salmon, bacon. If the protein is uncooked the first step, cook the protein in the skillet using the healthy fat. Once cooked remove and set aside. Then add more fat to the pan and carry on with next step. If the protein is cooked you will add it at a later step and start with next step.
Add onion and garlic to the pan
- chopped 1/4 of an onion and 1-2 garlic glove per portion being prepared and add to the pan.
- Sautee 4-5 minutes.
Add one to two vegetables
for a total of 1 cup per portion being cooked, to the pan and cook until almost completely soft
- mushroom, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, zucchini
- If protein in cooked it’s time to add now. If you cooked the protein earlier add it now.
Add some flavour to the pan
- sea salt and pepper, herbs of any kind :rosemary, thyme, sage, basil, cinnamon, ginger, cumin
In the last couple of minutes, add 1 cup chopped greens per portion being prepared
- kale, chard, spinach, collard greens,