Arm yourself with my simple tuna salad recipe for those days when you get a craving for a quick an easy lunch. Yep, I said craving. We all get them. The key to overcoming them is to understand them and redirect your attention. Want to know how? Click here for more information on my Crave Cure Program that can help you do just that.
Vitamin B6 Through Tuna
Vitamin B6 is an important, water-soluble vitamin also known as pyridoxine. It maintains proper electrical functioning in your body, supports your immune system, helps produce the iron-containing component of your blood as well as helps to create the neurotransmitters in your brain. But B6 is very easily depleted by stress and can be damaged in foods during processing.
Regular intake of vitamin B6 is through diet and even supplementation is crucial. Tuna provides an excellent source of vitamin B6 in my simple tuna salad recipe. Alternatively, you will find that chicken, beef and salmon are good sources as well…just maybe not in this salad!
Health Benefits of Vitamin B6
If you are a woman who suffers from PMS, then you should be reading this while eating my salad. Vitamin B6 eases PMS and water retention, morning sickness and fatigue headaches. It has also been helpful for many nervous disorders and anemia. But for those under stress, vitamin B6 supplementation can make a huge difference to their health.
Like all vitamins and minerals, whole foods are the best sources. But as stated earlier B6 can be damaged in processing so supplementation is important. B complex vitamins are a great way to get B6 or if you are taking a multivitamin, make sure it contains zinc or magnesium to increase absorption. Want more info on supplements? Check out the ones I recommend most here.
Sources of Vitamin B6
The best sources of vitamin B6 include meat, fish, poultry, organ meats such as liver, nuts, potatoes and sweet potatoes with skin, avocado, spinach and banana. And of course tuna! So enjoy this simple tuna salad recipe! Feed your body and your soul.
Simple Tuna Salad RecipePrint
Ranch Tuna Salad
- 1 cup of spouts of choice
- 1 cup of chopped parsley
- 2 cup of spinach (or green of choice)
- 1/4 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1/4 cup color peper, chopped
- 1/4 mushroom (of choice), chopped
- 1tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 can of wild caught albercore tuna
- 1/4 cup of Ranch salad dressing
- Mix all ingredients together and add the Ranch dressing.
- 1/2 cup healthy mayo
- 1/2 cup of full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp dry dill or 3 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp granulated garlic powder or 1 glove finely chopped
- 1/t tsp onion powder or 1 tsp. fresh onion finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- Mix all ingredient together in a hermetic container such as mason jar and shake well
- Enjoy on any salad.