Golden milk is a wonderful beverage to have in the evenings and the benefits are extraordinary. Turmeric Tea or Golden Milk is a great way to get the benefits of turmeric every day. My sugar free golden milk recipe is so easy to follow so you can make this drink a part of your daily life.
I love drinking this before bed as it aids relaxation and helps boost the immune system while we are asleep. I always recommend it to the ladies in my free and private community as a way to reduce inflammation.
Health Benefits of Turmeric
The main ingredient in this Golden Milk recipe is turmeric. Turmeric contains curcumin, the polyphenol identified as its primary active component and which exhibits over 150 potentially therapeutic activities, which include antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. Turmeric is what gives the golden colour to this drink!
- Anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, antiseptic,analgesic
- Boosts immunity
- Helps maintain cholesterol levels
- Promotes digestive health
- Liver detoxifier
- Regulates metabolism and weight management
- Reduces high blood pressure
- Aids memory and brain function
- Eliminates various skin conditions
- Neurological disorders
- Lowers Triglycerides
Curcumin must be carried by a fat through the stomach to be absorbed in the small intestine and release it properties . As well, adding black pepper to turmeric or turmeric-spiced food enhances curcumin’s bioavailability by 1,000 times due to black pepper’s hot property called piperine. Yup by mixing turmeric and black pepper together, you increase your body’s absorption of turmeric by 2000%!
Sugar Free Golden Milk Recipe
- 1 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 cup of filtered water
- 1.5 tbsp. organic Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. black cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Bring the water & almond milk to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to allow for a simmer.
- Add the turmeric, coconut oil and black pepper and mix well, using a whisk to ensure no lumps form.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.