This super fudge recipe is one of the key recipes inside most of my programs. It’s the treat you have been looking for!
But I’m sure you are thinking, is there such a thing as a super fudge recipe?
How Can Super Fudge Recipe Be Healthy?
Well, it’s the combination of ingredients that makes the super fudge recipe so good for your health. The predominant ingredient is coconut in an oil form and milk, along with some pure cacao powder and almost no sugar (based on your choice of ingredients). Food is medicine and the healing fudge recipe is a prime example.
I consider coconut a superfood and on the same level as goji berries or maca powder, however, this isn’t the perception of most people. For years, it had a reputation of being unhealthy because of its high saturated fat content.
We now know that saturated fats are good for us and not the enemy as we previously thought. If this is new to you or you want to read more on this topic, head over to Time Magazine for their “apology” article published in June 2014 about this exact topic. This is a precious article for me as a nutritionist 🙂
Top 11 benefits of coconut oil
- Thyroid-stimulating: Research shows that coconut oil contains a medium-chain fatty acid that accelerates and stimulates metabolism which gives you more energy.
- Get candida in check: Coconut oil has a good quantity of caprylic acid which is well known for killing off excess candida by targeting harmful bacteria.
- Lowers cholesterol: It is rich in lauric acid which protects your heart by reducing total cholesterol and increasing good cholesterol.
- Helps with weight loss: Here is an interesting fact about coconut oil. Even though it is a fat, it actually helps with weight loss! The healthy medium chain fatty acids do not circulate in the bloodstream like other fats but are sent directly to the liver and are converted into energy. Thus the body does not store the fat in coconut oil as fat but uses it to produce energy instead.
- Helps keep diabetes in check: It does not result an insulin spike in your bloodstream. Instead it helps control blood sugar by improving insulin secretion.
- Reduces heart disease: studies Pacific Islanders found that their total caloric intake included thirty to sixty percent from fully saturated coconut oil. They have nearly non-existent rates of cardiovascular disease.
- Gastrointestinal malabsorption diseases: Combining Vitamin E supplements with coconut oil through the skin proves to be a good alternative for those with gastrointestinal malabsorption diseases.
- Supports the immune system. It is rich in lauric acid – a nutrient that supports the body’s immune system.
- Good for the skin: When applied externally, it forms a protective anti-bacterial layer protecting the infected part.
- Nourishing for the brain: Studies show that it improves cognitive function, and stalls, or even reverses, neuro-degenerative diseases in their early stages.
- Ancient medicine: Coconut oil has been part of Ayurvedic medicine for 5,000 years in India.
Considering all of the above, we should all get our daily dose of coconut oil.
Cacao & Maca
One square of the healing fudge will give you just that and more. Magnesium from the pure cacao powder will help your muscular and nervous system relax.
The maca powder is another superfood known for its adaptogenic capability. This means it regulates your nervous system (either relaxes or speeds it up based on your situation). The healing fudge recipe is true medicine!
This recipe is super simple to execute and so delicious… let me know what you think once you tried it! Can’t wait to hear from you.
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 12 1x
- 1 cup coconut oil, soft yet still solid
- ¼ cup full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup organic cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp. raw honey or 4 drops glycerine free Stevia
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. maca
- ½ tsp. Celtic sea salt
- Place the coconut oil and coconut milk in a medium sized bowl and mix with a hand mixer on high for 4 minutes or until well combined.
- Place the remaining ingredients in the bowl and stir on low speed until the cocoa is combined. Increase speed and mix until everything is well combined.
- Taste the fudge and adjust to desired sweetness.
- Place a sheet of parchment along the inside of a loaf pan.
- Place the loaf pan in the freezer for at least 15 minutes, until just set.
- Use the edges of the parchment to pull the fudge out of the pan.
- Place on a cutting board and remove the parchment paper.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the fudge into squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer as it will liquefy if you leave it in a warm area.
- Serving Size: 12