Ahhhh…the smell of the grill being fired up. Just thinking of it sends a message to my taste buds that a feast is coming. And if you’re going to feast, make sure its on my perfect burger with guacamole! I’m giving you the perfect healthy hamburger recipe! Call a few friends over and gather around the table. Just skip the fries.
You really need to have a recipe for a solid barbecued burger. Especially when you are trying to achieve your health goals. As the warm weather hits everyone wants to entertain. Staying on track with a great meal option is essential. Over in my free and private online community, I can show you many more recipes that can keep you moving in the right direction. Drop by and say “Hi”. You’re among friends here.
Top your Perfect Burger with Perfect Guacamole
What goes along with the perfect healthy hamburger recipe? Why, the perfect guacamole recipe, of course!
Why is this guacamole perfect? Because it’s creamy, fresh and tastes like a vacation to Mexico? No, because it’s made with avocados. I know what guacamole is made of but WHY is it good for me you ask? Because avocados have a ton of health benefits.
They are also known as alligator pears! Seems like an appropriate name. They are shaped like a pear and have bumpy alligator skin. Doesn’t make them sound so appetizing. Therefore, if you haven’t tried one before, guacamole is the perfect place to start.
Health Benefits of Avocados
Although a fruit, avocados are mostly fat! If you haven’t heard me talk about they different types of fat before check out my Guide to Fats and Oils here. An avocado typically contains a whopping 30 grams of fat. However, 20 grams of this health promoting. You know I’m all about the health promotion and fat.
Avocados contain monounsaturated fatty acids, specifically alpha-linolenic acid and oleic acid. Alpha-linolenic acid is an omega 3 fatty acid and has anti-inflammatory properties. The high fat content of avocados allow for the absorption of fat soluble vitamins. These vitamins are A, D, E and K. Without them, our bodies are vulnerable to oxidation, inflammation and disease.
Furthermore, avocados are a good source of vitamin B5, dietary fiber, vitamin K, copper, folate, vitamin B6, potassium, vitamin E, and vitamin C. Winner winner, chicken dinner!
The Perfect Healthy Hamburger Recipe
The Perfect Burger
A great burger to throw on the grill and enjoy whenever and wherever the BBQ takes you!
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 2 garlic glove, grated
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 lb grass fed ground beef
- 6 Portobello mushroom
- The Perfect Guacamole (recipe to follow)
- Let your imagination go wild…
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Greased the grill with avocado oil.
- In bowl, beat egg and water with fork
- Add in onion, garlic, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Mix in beef well with your hand for 1-2 minutes.
- Shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.Use your thumb to make an indentation in the center of each burger. Set aside.
- Place patties on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and cook for 3-4 minutes, turning patties once for about another 3-4 minutes. Remove from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
- While the burger are resting place the portobello mushroom on the grill, face down and grill for 5 minutes or until the mushroom become soft. Remove and let sit.
- To assemble place each burger on a portobello mushroom face down on a plate. Add the garnishings of choice.
- Serving Size: 6
The Perfect GuacamolePrint
The Perfect Guacamole
Perfect topper for your burger or to dip your veggies in!
- 4 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled and seeded
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ cup minced sweet white onion
- 2 Serrano chilies, seeded and minced
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (lemon juice will do)
- 1–2 drop of hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Cut avocado in half and remove the flesh into a medium size bowl. Mash coarsely with a fork.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend gently; leaving some small chunks is fine.