Have you heard of zucchini cheese or cauliflower cheese? If not, you have to try this amazing zucchini cheese recipe!
This zucchini cheese is dairy free, nut free, gluten free…. and get this. It tastes just like cheese and melts just like cheese! So if you are dairy intolerant, this zucchini cheese recipe is for you! You can bring cheese back into your life!
How I Came Up With This Zucchini Cheese Recipe
I recently had the opportunity to share a meal with my girlfriend at a fabulous restaurant in my city. Tori’s Bakeshop is not only a bakery and coffee shop during the day but also an After Hours full-on vegan restaurant. Although I’m not vegan, I love eating at vegan restaurants because of the quality of the food and most importantly, the food is made out of love! I truly enjoyed the cheese slab and gnocchi.
This dinner inspired me to research more options for dairy-free cheese that would be made without nuts. So what’s out there? Cheese made with vegetables…Huh?!?
Yup, my friends. Vegetables can be turned into cheese! Zucchini cheese is the best of both worlds in one food: nutrients (read here veggies) and cheese.
It even gets better because it’s a nutrient-dense food as well. Loaded with collagen, the zucchini cheese will help you with joint pain, give you healthy and glowing skin, improve muscle growth, etc. It is the same collagen women purchase for their wrinkles but in its simple and natural state.
Delicious Zucchini Cheese Recipe
This zucchini cheese is such a simple recipe, yet life-changing. You get the cheesy taste and the cheesy texture without the negative effects of dairy! Next, I will be making Pizza with this zucchini cheese. Stay tuned…
Zucchini Cauli Cheese
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 120
- Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- 2 cups peeled zucchini or 1 cup of zucchini and 1 cup of cauliflower (just floret no stem), sliced or diced. If you wish to make orange cheese, add 1 cup of carrots.
- ¼ cup water, for steaming and to drain afterwards
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice or apple cider vinegar or any vinegar of your choice (flavouring)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, optional
- 1 tsp. sea salt, or to taste
- 4 tablespoon Vital Protein collagen
Herbs to flavour (optional)
- Fresh basil & balsamic vinegar
- Chives and green onion
- Dill & lemon juice
- Thyme and parsley
- Turmeric and nutritional yeast
- Line your required zucchini cheese pan with non-bleached parchment paper. I used different dishes from around the house: loaf pans, serving dishes. Choose your mold (s) based on size and form you wish your cheese block to have.
- Steam the vegetables, using the 1/4 cup water. Cook until all vegetable are soft.
- Drain off the water completely. 100% drained.
- Add your veggies to a blender. Then add oil, lemon juice or vinegar, optional nutritional yeast, and sea salt. Blend on high speed.
- With your blender set on low speed, sprinkle the gelatin into the mixture. Blend on high for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Remove the blender off the base and now it’s time to add your flavoring herbs. Fold in using a spoon (no blending).
- Pour onto your parchment paper lined pan and refrigerate overnight or for at least three hours to set.
- Cut into squares, cheese slice, dice, melt, or grate. Use on protein patties with veggies, in salads, and on snack plates.
- Wrap and refrigerate, or store slices in an airtight container.
- For best flavour, consume within 10 days.
Question: I want to see your picture of your Zucchini Cauli Cheese share with the community.