On today’s episode, we discuss if healthy weight loss is possible and provide an answer, too!
Is it possible to lose weight in a healthy way?
When is gaining weight enough when I try to eat intuitively?
Is it wrong to still want to lose weight? I just want because I don’t feel comfortable in my actual one?
These are all super good questions and so valid considering the society we live in. We are surrounded by messages that we should want to lose weight and that we should aim to be in a smaller body. We have been taught from a very young age that:
- Health = Thinness
- Happiness = Thinner body
- That if we aren’t in society standards in our body size, we should be actively working really hard on getting “there” (aka smaller body)
- If the diet doesn’t work, it’s not the diet’s fault rather it’s our fault. We haven’t tried hard enough, exercised enough, or have enough will power, etc…
The desire to lose weight is completely and 100% normal.
Many of you know through your own experience that the proposed weight loss approach isn’t working so you are looking for an option, a healthy one.
Is there a healthy way to lose weight?
What you’ll learn listening to this episode:
- Is there a way to lose weight that is healthy?
- Should we be tracking our weight?
- How much weight do I gain eating intuitively before it’s enough?
- I feel uncomfortable in my body, what should I do?
- I feel unsexy in my body how to work through this?
Mentioned on the show:
Grab your FREE guide to Intuitive Eating
Waitlist Intuitive Eating Project
Fitness accounts to get inspired at any size:
- Jessamyn Stanley- Everybodyyoga
- Louise Green- Big Fit Girl