On today’s episode, we dissect this concept of food labeling
Although we’ve learned to drop the magical thinking when it comes to weather, crops or other natural phenomena, we still think of food as magical.
We label food in hopes that doing so will bring us closer to our desires and goals. The concept is that if we consume the “good” ones, well control our health and body. Unfortunately, what comes along is shame & guilt when we do eat the “bad” ones.
In today’s society, not being able to control our food choices makes us weak people. That’s what we think as a result of being told so by diet culture and also according to all the health experts who want us to finally “release the unhealthy weight”.
But is it true that there is such a thing as good or bad food? If so, what are the healthy foods?
Here’s a sample of the myths we will cover:
- What are the good and bad foods?
- Why are we so obsessed with labeling foods?
- What motivates our need for food labeling?
- Side effects of labeling foods
- If there is an option for labeling foods , what is it and how can we implement it in our life?
Mentioned on the show:
Grab your FREE guide to Intuitive Eating