Welcome to the first episode of the Undiet Your Coaching Practice Podcast. This podcast is created to educate female health professionals on a non-diet approach to food, weight, and health.
Intuitive Eating Coaching
In today’s episode, we discuss how we may be causing harm to our clients and patients by delivering nutrition services. By following a traditional model of nutrition and health care for women, we may be aggravating an underlying condition and symptoms.
In this episode, I share my patient Caroline’s (fictitious name) story along with how she changed my practice forever In fact, she was the most impactful client-practitioner experience I have had to this day. She triggered in me the must-needed professional and personal transformation. My quest for another way of serving my clients through intuitive eating coaching and healing myself began.
Caroline had a disordered relationship with food due to years of chronic dieting. All of my assessment tools and training never accounted for this condition simply because to the traditional medical system chronic dieting is “normal” … yet it has devastating health consequences.
Here’s what we cover in this intuitive eating coaching episode:
- My client Caroline’s story
- As nutrition experts, are we causing harm to our clients?
- What is a non-diet approach to food & weight?
- How to shift to a non-diet approach in a professional practice
- Continuing to earn a living while not selling weight loss
- How to get started with a non-diet approach to health