In today’s episode, we’ll talk about the #1 nutrition trend of 2020
Back in 2014, I decided to explore and test Keto on myself. No one knew keto back then…there were no books and certainly no keto influencers. I made that decision at the peak of the paleo craze.
As a nutrition expert, I was at the forefront of new research and trend in the industry. I knew that paleo wasn’t going to last and that the next things were coming.
So, I wrote a book on keto, created a protocol for keto, supervised clients on keto protocol and interviewed the top keto leaders. Always seeking the “thing” that would make it all come together for me and my clients. As many of you know, I never found that “keto thing”… However, I found emotional eating, binge eating & body-shaming instead (another story for another day😂).
What’s next? So now that Keto is starting to decline… because it is…many of my friends who have written books on Keto have been declined further contracts because the publishers are seeing the decline.
It’s worth asking that question: What’s next? Because there will be another trend. Here’s my prediction and one of many others: The No-Diet Approach aka Intuitive Eating.
How are we going to help the keto dieters that have failed (95% of them do fail) deal with the side effect of such severe restrictions such as food obsession, carb cravings, binging…and the even lower self-esteem from yet another diet failure?
That’s why I strongly believe that Intuitive Eating is the next health trend… Indeed, it’s currently being called out as the #1 Nutrition trend but the next few years it will become the #1 health trend.
In short, we have no choice but to make the shift as a society.
The #1 Nutrition trend of 2020 and what to watch for…
In today’s episode, we will explore the #1 Nutrition trend of 2020 and what to watch for… because we must be careful!
And so, I shared in the podcast the 10 questions to ask yourself when deciding if the health/wellness/nutrition marketing you are being exposed to is actually diet culture in disguise.
Questions created and article written by Sara Upson access here.
1. Is it focused on weight loss, body shape or size?
2. Is it restrictive/are there any foods or beverages that you’re not allowed to eat/drink?
3. Does it encourage ignoring hunger?
4. Do you have to eat at certain times?
5. Does it label foods? (good/bad, healthy/unhealthy, clean, pure, etc)
6. Does it have a start and an end date, or a certain length of time, e.g. 30days?
7. Does it encourage cheat days?
8. Can you “blow it”/ Does it make you feel guilty or ashamed?
9. Are there before and after pictures involved?
10. Does it make you think about food more?
What you’ll learn listening to this episode:
- What is the #1 nutrition trend of 2020
- The good, bad and ugly of this trend
- What are the diet cycle and wellness diet
- 10 questions to know if your “health plan” is a diet in disguise
Mentioned on the show:
Register for the Anti-Diet Leadership Summit
Grab your FREE guide to Intuitive Eating
PROfessional Health Pro’s education free support
Article about health beyond weight loss
Nutrition Trend articles:
The Latest Diet Trend Is Not Dieting
Anti-Diet Books Are the New Diet Books