Diet Mindset Professional Training
Diet mindset professional training was not available when I started my transition to a non-diet approach to nutrition and health as a clinical nutritionist; I had to figure it out on my own. Piece it all together…
So, I went into private practice and model what I had learnt. Spending hours creating complex protocol. Very quickly, I realized that wasn’t going to work… clients were overwhelmed and scared of the complexity of what they would have to do. So, I went to what I was taught: trying to convince them with studies, facts and data as to why restricting this and that food was essential to their health. That didn’t work either.
I shared my professional transition that my client Carolyn triggered in First Do No Harm: The Intuitive Eating Mentorship Journey. I argued that the current model of practice for a nutrition professional top-down approach is causing more harm to a particular segment of our clients. The female yo-yo dieter…which is, unfortunately, the vast majority of our client population.
The solution: The bottom-up approach. Start first with addressing the diet mindset so you can talk about nutrition and health later in the journey.
What you’ll learn listening to this episode on diet brain:
- The professional non-diet approach to diet mindset
- How humans make food choices
- How diet mindset develops in women
- Common thought errors that lead to the diet cycle
- Diet Brain: The adaptation process to diet failures
- Self-Coaching: The solution to diet mindset
- Further Non-Diet Training
- Non-Diet Professional Mentorship