Lemon and Mint Make This Roasted Chicken Recipe Special
This lemon and mint roasted chicken recipe fulfill all your expectations for the best-roasted chicken ever! The mint gives a delicious perfume while the lemon will ensure that the chicken meat stays moist.
The almost universal appeal of roasted chicken stems from its power to comfort. The ideal roasted chicken recipe will leave your chicken golden brown and gleaming, tender and juicy. The crackle of chicken as it roasts and the wondrous aroma that perfumes the kitchen provokes a feeling of satisfaction and fulfillment.
Enjoy this roasted chicken recipe!Print
Lemon and Mint Roasted Chicken
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 5 small red onions, peeled, each cut through the roots into 8 wedges
- 2 cups mint leaves
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 1 lemon slice in 1/4” slice
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- Sea salt
- One 4 lb. chicken
- Preheat oven at 425 F. Let the chicken stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine mint, garlic, ginger, and lemon juice and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the butter, cumin, black pepper, garlic and 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Rub the seasoned butter evenly under the skin of the chicken. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and set the chicken in a medium roasting pan. Loosen the skin on the breast and leg and spread some butter on the chicken underneath the skin. Rub the remaining butter over top of the skin. Stuff the chicken with lemon slices.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Deposit the onion wedge at the bottom of a roasting pan and sit the chicken on top. Roast the chicken in the upper third of the oven for about 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 F. Transfer the chicken to a carving board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Pour the pan juices into a glass measuring cup. Carve the chicken and serve with the pan juices.