Overcoming Weight Struggle As A Nutritionist
Stephanie, how do you deal with your weight struggle?
This was the starting point of this episode. A podcast listener submitted this question, and I sat on it for weeks.
At first, I’ve got to be honest, I took offense… then I reflected. Why is this offensive to me?
Because I know that answering this question is going to ruffle feathers. My viewpoint on weight is significantly different from most health experts’. I live it every day… since the age of 14.
To answer this properly, I also I had to answer these 2 questions:
Why do you think you need to answer people who challenge your weight?
People who say harming yourself by not dieting?
So, this is a beast of an episode… likely one that will upset many… but also one that will help many. I knew that in writing this episode, a hundred one women would have their AH AH moment that would enable them to start their own transformation.
Are you going to be one of them?
Visit https://www.stephaniedodier.com/podcast-episodes/ for complete show notes of every podcast episode
In this episode I discuss
- My personal journey from my dieting years towards transforming my life to what I am today
- What drove me toward my transformation
- Why investing in yourself is key in developing a healthy relationship with yourself
- The many reasons why I ditch the diet mindset
- How I deal with people who challenge me with my weight
Last episode was a very special episode of The Beyond The Food Show podcast. I teach the Food Freedom Map 4 steps process. This Map will move you from being a victim of your food habits to eating when hungry and stopping when full. Yes, eating normally.
If you are tired of dieting, over-exercising, and yet another fad program… Or, you are overeating or binging and wish you could just be a normal eater, and are fed up by these scenarios, you gotta listen in! Click here.
Leave me a review, if you enjoy the show and would love to encourage and support my work, leave me an honest review using this link, click here. For a podcaster like me, reviews are like a fuel… and I would appreciate hearing from you more than I could possibly say!
Here’s a quick tutorial on How to leave a review.
Links mentioned in the episode:
Research linking eating disorder and low self-esteem:
- Wade TD, Bulik CM. Shared genetic and environmental risk factors between undue influence of body shape and weight on self-evaluation and dimensions of perfectionism. Psychol Med. 2007;37(5):635-644.
- Wilksch SM, Wade TD. An investigation of temperament endophenotype candidates for early emergence of the core cognitive component of eating disorders. Psychol Med. 2009;39(5):811-821.
- Tyrka AR, Waldron I, Graber JA, Brooks-Gunn J. Prospective predictors of the onset of anorexic and bulimic syndromes. Int J Eat Disord. 2002;32(3):282-290.
- Klump KL, Strober M, Bulik CM, et al. Personality characteristics of women before and after recovery from an eating disorder. Psychol Med. 2004;34(8):1407-1418
Listen to Episode 097: Can You Be Fat and Healthy?
Get started with the Audio Training: How to Change Any Eating Habits
Sign Up for the Claim Your Food Freedom
Register for the Going Beyond the Food Academy
Submit a question for the next episode
If you want to submit a question for Stephanie’s next episode, click here and join our free and private community.
***For your information – some links above may be my affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click on it and make a purchase. Doing so is no additional cost to you, but helps me tremendously. Your support is SO greatly appreciated, so thank you in advance if you choose to do so***